The most beautiful women are the ones that wear their confidence. It is a state of mind, no doubt, yet science has proven that the human brain forms its first impressions subconsciously, solely based on what meets the eye. We could conclude then, that a well-dressed woman is more confident. However, every woman will agree that good clothes alone will not do the trick, the real magic happens when she invests in the right lingerie.
In a country with around 586 million women, it is a pity that we don’t feel liberated enough to even discuss undergarments, let alone explore them. Whereas the Western world spoils its women for choice with a plethora of fabrics, cuts, cups and themes in lingerie, Indian women, blessed with captivating natural curves are not encouraged to celebrate their bodies; they hide behind stigmas and inhibitions. It would not be an exaggeration to say that most Indian women do not find a bra with the right fit in their lifetime. The fear of judgmental stares from the co-shoppers and the fear of showing or discussing their expectations over the counter fill them with unwarranted guilt.
The advent of e-commerce couldn’t have had better timing; some great brands have revolutionized the lingerie-buying experience and have thoughtfully brought the fun back into shopping for bras and panties. Here is a list of top websites that celebrate every woman’s undeniable beauty. In addition to their in-house brands, they’ve carefully curated pieces from brands that enjoy familiarity amongst the larger public. Go on, explore, enjoy!
Founded in 2011 by the beautiful Richa Kar, Zivame is one of the first companies to boldly create an online space exclusively for lingerie. Over the last 7 years, they’ve grown to become a household name and have set up fitting salons in the metros in quick succession.
- Their bandeau and halter style bikini sets are just what women need for their pool-time.
- The minimiser bras with cushioned straps that support without digging into your shoulders – it is a boon for the extra-curvy women
Within two years of its launch, this young brand has quickly earned loyal customers. They have great variety, excellent quality and you’ll be sweetly surprised by the affordable prices. Based out of the metropolitan city of Chennai, Shyaway has managed to woo women from up North as well.
- The first of its kind, denim look-alike panties which can double as super-hot shorts for that pool or beach party
- Nursing bras for the new mothers, making their journey of motherhood a hassle-free
- Transparent panties and thongs for those honeymoon nights
Having had a brick and mortar presence in the bustling city of Mumbai since 2005, Pretty Secrets went online in 2011 and stole the hearts of many women with their range of bras and panties in a motley of colours.
- Everyday bras in offbeat shades and quirky prints
- Their Miracle plunge bras made for larger cup sizes. They’re seamless, come with detachable straps and wide backs and are a boon for women who are
A JV between Golkadas and Barbara de Paris, Enamor is a brand that’s revered by the women folk. Known for their presence in physical stores from early on, this brand entered the online retail space recently.
- Babydolls and their satin chemises which creatively integrate the splendor of different fabrics
- Sports bras of light, medium and high impact in geometric prints and hot racerbacks.
Ms. Kant, the founder of Clovia is a strong advocate of lingerie that is anything but dull. They import fabric and work on the cuts and seams in India.
- Racerback bras in neon shades
- Multiway bras for their versatility