A slip or camisole is used by women who love to sport dresses and skirts. Some of you might wonder as to the need for a slip. Let me tell you that a slip is a great undergarment that not only protects your dress from perspiration, but also it allows your dress to hang the right way without chaffing your skin.
It is also a great way to prevent your undergarments or silhouette from showing through thin fabric clothing and can even keep you warm, if you choose the right fabric.
Here are a few tips that will help you select the perfect slip to go with your skirts and dresses :
– If the slip is for light colored clothes, it is better to stick to nudes. And black for dark colored clothes.
– When you wear dresses made of silk or other lighter fabrics choose Slips or camisole that are made of mesh or other sleeker fabrics.
– When you wear the slip, make sure it is not seen from under your dress when sit.
– Tighter dresses need sleeker slips made of solid materials with tightening properties, to prevent bulking and give you a slimmer silhouette.
– It is always better to take you dress with you while shopping for the slip which will reduce confusions and save time.
– The length of the slip depends on the length of the dress or top.
A slip can do wonders to your silhouette and protect your skin, so don’t underestimate the power of this simple piece of lingerie.